Have you ever grown tired of eating the same old lunch/snack menu everyday? Or you’re too lazy to actually cook and entire meal for just yourself? Or perhaps too broke (hehe) to order in?
If the answer to any of those questions was yes, then you’re reading the right article my friend!
Today I’m sharing my quick-fix pizza recipe. And it’s called quick-fix you don’t need to go Italy to learn how to make the perfect pizza base, just buy a ready-made one from the supermarket!
So now that the base is taken care of, the toppings can be anything and everything you want. You could just throw in the veggies you have lying around in the fridge. Or even use up leftover sabji (cooked veggies) or meat. You can totally experiment here.
Like I read somewhere – pizza is the Italian version of Indian paranthas! So go crazy with the toppings.
Here is the version I made with the ingredients I had on hand. I prefer stir frying certain vegetables as I don’t really enjoy them raw.
- Ready-made pizza base
- Mayonnaise or tomato ketchup
- Onion – thinly sliced
- Capsicum – diced
- Tomatoes – diced
- Carrots – grated
- Mozzarella cheese / processed cheese (I used both)
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a wok
- Stir fry the onions, capsicums and corn
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place pizza base on a flat surface
- Spread mayonnaise or tomato ketchup (or both) evenly onto the base
- Spoon some of the stir fried mixture onto the base
- Top it up with diced tomatoes and grated carrot
- Generously grate cheese over the pizza
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree centigrade for 5-6 minutes, until cheese melts
- Cut into slices and enjoy hot quick-fix pizza!
Try out the quick-fix pizza next time yyou’re too bored to cook an entire meal and don’t forget to comment below and let me know how it turned out!
Until next time, xo