I have always been in awe of people who apply eyeliner so flawlessly. And it stays that way the entire day! Wow.
Me on the other hand:
- can never manage to get both eyeliners even
- so not used to wearing any kind of make-up that I’ll rub my eye and then remember that I had applied eyeliner
I had purchased my very first eyeliner (liquid) around a year and half ago. Obviously I was terrible at applying it, although slowly over a period of time I did manage to make my eyes look decent and not like a panda bear’s. I never really like the liquid eyeliner because the applicator brush wasn’t very fine and also the liquid kept hardening.
Then in October 2015 I bought the Maybelline Colossal Liner and I haven’t been happier in terms of eyeliners. I am not a make-up person and hence don’t really use the eyeliner very often. But on the few occasions that I have used it it has been great!
Maybelline is a brand that I have grown to like. I have used their Baby Lips lip balm before and recently even purchased their Clearglow BB Cream (review soon).
This is what Maybelline has to say about the Liner on their website:
Enjoy eye-catching intensity and flawless precision with the Maybelline New York Colossal Liner.
Designed to end all your application woes, the Maybelline New York Colossal Liner features a 0.4 mm Flexi Tip applicator that gives you perfect, error-free lines. Empowered with the Ink Pigment Technology, this Colossal Eyeliner imparts fade-proof, intense color to your eyes. Its quick-dry formula ensures a 12-hour staying power and quick application. Add this kajal eyeliner to your vanity kit and enjoy stunningly defined eyes, everyday!
- The application is so easy and smooth because of the felt tip
- Also because it is like a pen, its more comfortable to hold which makes your grip better and thus steadier hands
- Unlike sketch pens that tend to dry up when not used for a long time, the color hasn’t faded/dried up. Which means no insane flipping of wrists trying to get the color flowing
- The color sure is intense and does last the entire day
- It isn’t water-proof, which on the one hand makes removal easier. But for those looking for water-proof stuff, look elsewhere.
- Haven’t tried using it as a kajal, so can’t comment on that part
- For a beginner, this is really worth the price
- From my experience I don’t really see any cons!
Priced at INR 425 for 1.2 gms, the Colossal Liner is something I would sure consider repurchasing.
What are your favorite eyeliners? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time, xo